Saturday 6 December 2008

Angel Wing


I took some of my paintings into the library I work at, for an Arts day we were having. It was interesting to be able to see my work from a distance and in a different environment. It felt good to exhibit if only for a day! I was also running a workshop on creating art from recycled materials.


This painting is called Angel Wing ( done in acrylic on canvas) most of my work is abstract but there a couple of unfinished works that are part of a series with Angel Wing, where the starting point was the four elements, earth, air, fire and water. I had done a series back in the 90s which also explored the elements, and having had a long break from painting it seemed good to go back to some paintings I had been very pleased with, and use them as a starting point. I will write more about this when I have some more images to show - the earlier work is quite different.




No comments: